Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stampin' Royalty #3

Alright, creating cards is supposed to be fun and easy right??? This week the Stampin' Royalty Design Team has challenged us to create a single layer project and I've probably been staring at a blank piece of paper for an hour trying to figure out which stamp set to use and how to make an interesting card without using layers...remember, I'm new at this! So, I went to the Stampin' Up! Demo site and looked for some ideas under their Stampin' Success Techniques and decided to try the Polished Stones technique (see Rolling Stones Technique) using some of my favorite colours on this soft gray day. I had some difficulty getting the card to scan properly because of the glossy card stock and the embellishment but I think it turned out alright. I sanded down the hardware pieces and then dipped them in Chocolate Chip ink to make them less shiny. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the Stampin' Royalty Challenge blog this week!

Stamp Set(s): Lovely as a Tree, Noteworthy, Of the Earth
Paper: Glossy White
Ink: Going Gray, Pretty in Pink, Blush Blossom, Sage Shadow Re-inkers, Chocolate Chip Classic Pad
Embellishments: Hodgepodge Hardware, 1/4;” Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Adhesives: Sticky Strip
Techniques: Polished Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment